Thank you for using TradeVelocity, LLC. We respect your privacy when you use any of our products or services.
By using our Sites, you consent to the use of your information and information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites and does not describe the collection, use and disclosure practices of any of our affiliates or third parties. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any company with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with TradeVelocity, LLC, please review their privacy policies.
Services offered by TradeVelocity, LLC are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us.
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide
We may collect information that you choose to provide on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and information about your vehicle;
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying, selling or trading in a car;
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Information regarding your use of the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the TradeVelocity, LLC Site and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those email; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as "Data Technologies"). "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a uniquely generated trackable toll-free telephone number on dealer sites or in advertisements. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
When you download or use the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device ("Location Information"). We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, dealers in the area, and directions.
Publicly Posted Information
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources
We may combine information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through our affiliates and other sources, and also with other information that is automatically collected. The combinedinformation may include information about your use of the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to generate listings and advertisements for any cars and other vehicles that you have shown or not shown an interest. These lists and advertisements may appear on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites and other websites, mobile applications or services of third parties;
- to provide values and/or offers for cars that you would like to sell or trade in;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with TradeVelocity, LLC and our users, dealers, manufacturers and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content related to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Applications, Widgets and Social Media
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called "online behavioral" or "interest-based" advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that delivertargeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications. This process allows TradeVelocity, LLC and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. You may see an icon about ads in or around third-party advertisements on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites that use interest-based advertising programs and on pages where data is collected and used for online interest-based advertising. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.ghosteryenterprise.com. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
We may share information about you, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates, who will use it in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Our Service Providers
We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through or in connection with the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites on our behalf. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Co-Sponsored Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion that is co-sponsored by TradeVelocity, LLC and a third party, we may share information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including personal information, with that third party. After the information is provided to those third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to their privacy policies and practices.Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted on behalf of TradeVelocity, LLC and a third party will include branding from both TradeVelocity, LLC and the third party.
Promotions on behalf of Third Parties. Periodically, third parties may conduct surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for their own purpose on the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites. Information you provide in response to those activities is governed by their privacy policies. Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted solely for the purpose of a third party will include only the third party’s branding.
Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers. Information about you, including personal information and Data Technologies, may be shared with sellers, dealers and manufacturers, and their agents and third party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. For example:
- If you are interested in a particular listing of a car for sale, information about you may be shared with the seller of that particular car or similar cars or dealers in your area;
- If you are considering trading in a car, we may provide information about you to dealers who participate in our services and other dealers in your area;
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, with information about you that we provided to their franchised dealers;
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, with information about you if you are interested in certified pre-owned vehicles; or
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, and dealers with information about you when you access the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites via TradeVelocity, LLC branded advertising and/or functionality found on their websites or other third party websites.
Corporate and Asset Transactions
If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of TradeVelocity, LLC and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
Your ChoicesYou are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out as discussed in the "Advertising Networks" section above.
You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or opting out at www.ghosteryenterprise.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device.
If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you choose to visit the TradeVelocity, LLC Sites, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Visitor Agreement, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state in which the TradeVelocity, LLC home office resides at the time.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.